The new Shimano Kairiki 8 is a renewed 8 carrier braid which is produced in Japan and now features a “VT construction Method” braiding technology. It is a very strong and smooth PE line which is perfect for casting great distances.
- It has the perfect properties for spinning in both fresh and saltwater since it is highly sensitive and very smooth, which also results in noise reduction.
- It is available in diameters from 0.06mm up to 0.42mm with a staggering breaking strength of 46.7kg.
- The Multi Color is especially interesting for fishing at greater depths.
- Due to the smoothness and low diameter, Kairiki 8 is a great line for jigging since it has low water resistance and due to the maximum stretch of < 3.0 %, it is very sensitive as well.
- This PE line uses IZANAS®, an ultra-high-strength polyethylene fiber produced by Toyobo Co. The fiber is approximately 8 times stronger than piano wire and has a moderate modulus of elasticity.